Thursday, March 20, 2014

March Madness Munchies

One of the things that my husband and I immediately bonded over when we started dating was our love for sports, he actually liked how I would ignore him when I was watching my Seahawks on TV...role reversal! We go to as many sports games as we can...Nuggets, Broncos, Rockies, Rapids, Avalanche, Blazers ect...and we spend pretty much the whole three weeks of March Madness and the whole NFL season parked on the couch cheering on our teams. My husband's favorite NCAA basketball team has been the Syracuse Orange since he was 13 and since their first tournament game in on today at 12:50 I thought it would be nice of me to make him a special lunch to get him pumped and ready for the game!

I made each of us an individual pepperoni basketball pizza from scratch.
(I used the same dough recipe that I used for my Chicken "Hot Pocket" recipe)

Of course we needed something refreshing to wash our pizza down with so I made these orange and blue, and kind of green, drinks using an orange SoBe and a blue Powerade.
(You can make this drink in your teams colors too, just keep in mind that the drink with the heaviest sugar content goes on the bottom!)

And for a dessert I made these cute basketball treats using Reese's and some orange frosting.



Now if you'll excuse me I have some NCAA basketball tournaments to watch with my hubby!

Happy March Madness....good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment