Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Healthy Big Mac Meal

My husband really likes the Big Macs from McDonald's and when I was overweight, didn't care about my body and ate beef I did too. Since we are both now living a healthier life McDonald's has been ousted which means no more Big Mac's for us...from McDonald's anyways! When I took my son into McDonald's to play just the other day, we were waiting on my husband to get done with one of his many appointments, I actually found myself kind of craving a Big Mac. So for dinner that night I made us some healthy Big Mac meals.

First things first...the fries!
Supplies:
A couple Sweet Potatoes
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Peel, rinse and slice the sweet potatoes. Place them into a microwave safe bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water.

Place the bowl into the microwave and cook for 5 minutes.

After the 5 minutes, drain the water from the bowl then add the olive oil and all the seasonings. Mix everything together really well, making sure each sweet potato piece is covered in oil and seasonings.

Spread the seasoned sweet potato slices onto a baking sheet then bake them in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, make sure you flip the slices after 15 minutes or the bottoms will get burned.


Now the fun part....making the Big Mac!
 Supplies:
Turkey Burger Patties (2 per burger)
Shredded Lettuce
Sliced Cheddar Cheese
Wheat Hamburger Buns
Fat Free Thousand Island Dressing
1/4 of an Onion chopped
Dill Pickle sliced

Chop your onion and slice your pickle.

Grab your buns.
You will need one top and two bottoms, one of the bottoms is for the center of the burger.

Grill your burger patties.

Time to assemble...
Bottom Bun
Thousand Island Dressing
Shredded Lettuce
Cheddar Cheese
Turkey Patty
Onion
Bottom Bun
Thousand Island Dressing
Shredded Lettuce
Pickle Slices
Turkey Patty
Onion
Top Bun

And vuala...
A Big Mac meal made at home! Of course it didn't taste the exact same since I used turkey instead of beef but it was pretty darn close and super delicious and filling. The fries were tasty and the fresh brewed tea was great to wash everything down with.




No comments:

Post a Comment