Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Next Weeks Meals

I posted this weeks Weight Loss Wednesday post on Monday, my Fit For Fall Calendar, so I wasn't going to post anything today but...I just couldn't do that! So I am going to share my breakfast, lunch and dinner menu for next week with you. When I was in Oregon my brother got me into prepping my meals for the week. My brother and I would sit down on Saturday, plan our breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week then go to the grocery store to get our supplies. Then Sunday we would make our meals for the whole week. This made every day so easy and kept me on track because I wasn't searching the fridge or cabinets for something to make and I wasn't reaching for something bad to eat when I was in a rush or feeling lazy. So if you don't mind eating the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day then you should give this a try! 

Breakfast:
(October 7th - October 12th)
 Apple Cinnamon Nutty Oatmeal 
1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup diced apple
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of Truvia
 


Lunch:
(October 7th - October 12th)
 Turkey Sandwich with grapes and almonds on the side
1 whole wheat sandwich thin
2 romaine lettuce leaves
2 slices of tomato
1 1/2 ounces of turkey breast
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
 Side:
1/2 cup grapes
8 Almonds 



Dinner:
(October 7th - October 12th)
 Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas 
(This recipe makes enough for the whole week)
30 ounces of chicken breast
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Chipotle
2 cans diced tomatoes
4 cans green chilies
1 red onion diced 
2 green bell peppers
Olive Oil Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
Cut chicken into strips and place into greased baking dish
Coat chicken with Mrs. Dash and olive oil
Add tomatoes, green chilies, diced red onions and sliced bell peppers
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender
Eat this on corn tortillas  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment