Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kids Cute Halloween Treats

One of the best things about October is it gives me an excuse to make my son some super fun and easy Halloween themed food to eat. I love to see the smile on his face when I bring him is plate! Here are a few of the things I did this year:

Mummy Pizza's


Supplies:
Pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni)
English Muffins
String Cheese
Pizza Sauce
Sliced Olives
 I placed 3 seperated English muffins on a baking sheet, I then topped them with the pizza sauce. I pulled apart the string cheese and placed the pieces on top of the sauced muffins. (Don't line the cheese pieces up perfectly, it looks more mummy like if you don't!) I then placed the baking sheet into the oven which I preheated at 350 degrees. While I waited for the cheese to melt a bit I cut the pieces of pepperoni into smaller circles using the center of my apple slicer. Once the cheese was melted a bit I placed the cut pepperoni pieces and the sliced olives on top of the muffins to make the mummies eyes. I turned the oven to broil and left the baking sheet in the oven until the pepperoni was warm and the cheese was melted just the way my son likes it! 
 

Vampire Bites

Supplies:
Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy)
A Red Apple
Almond Slivers
I cut the apple using my apple slicer then I cut one slice into 6 smaller slices. I slathered peanut butter onto each side of the apple pieces. I then put the slices together and added a few almond slivers to make the vampire fangs.
  

Witches Brooms

Supplies:
Pretzel Sticks
String Cheese
I cut the string cheese into small sections. I then sliced into the end of each string cheese section once vertically and twice horizontally. Make sure to only slice into the cheese sections half way! I then stuck the end of the pretzel sticks into the non sliced end of each cheese section.


Witches Hats

Supplies:
Fudge Striped Cookies
Original Kisses
Orange Icing
I flipped over a few of the cookies so the chocolate side was up. Then using the orange icing I traced around the hole in the middle of the cookie. I then pressed a Kiss into the frosting on each cookie.
  


Pumpkin Grilled Cheese

Supplies:
Bread
Cheddar Cheese Slices
Butter
Pumpkin Cookie Cutter
Butter two slices of bread then cut a pumpkin shape out of the middle of one of the slices of bread with the cookie cutter. Place the piece of bread with the pumpkin shape butter side down in a warm pan then put a slice of cheddar over it and top with the whole slice of bread butter side up. Flip the sandwich frequently until the cheese is melted. Take the buttered piece of bread that you cut out and sprinkle a bit of garlic powder on it. Place it butter side done in the pan until its golden brown. Place it on top of the Tomato Soup.


Mummy Dogs

Supplies:
Hot Dogs
Crescent Dinner Rolls 
Mustard
Cut legs and arms into each hotdog. Open the crescent roll tube. Pull apart each crescent roll. Roll them on the counter top one by one making a 8 long rolls of dough. Wrap the dough around the hot dog like mummy wrapping. Put them in the oven until they turn golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Take them out and dab a bit of mustard on the "head" of the hot dog to make the eyes.  


 

"When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween."
~Author Unknown





No comments:

Post a Comment