Wednesday, October 30, 2013

This Not That...Halloween Candy

Its that time of year again...candy candy everywhere! Its so much fun taking my son trick-or-treating but when we get home and he dumps that huge bag of candy on the counter my mouth starts to water, my tummy starts to growl but my brain starts to yell at me "No No and NO!" Of course my mouth and tummy always over power what my brain is telling me and I end up eating some (a lot) of the candy. To prepare myself this year I decided to do some research, I ventured out to our local grocery store and checked out a bit of their Halloween candy! So for this Weight Loss Wednesday I wanted to share what I found out....here is my This not That list!

Original M&M's over Peanut M&M's

Original M&M Minis: Serving - 3 bags, 220 calories, 28 grams of sugar
 Peanut M&M Minis: Serving - 2 bags, 180 calories, 18 grams of sugar

Reeses Cups over Snickers Peanut Butter

Resses Cups: Serving - 5 cups, 220 calories, 23 grams of sugar
Snickers Peanut Butter Mini Bar: Serving - 1 bar, 130 calories, 12 grams of sugar

Smarties over Sweet Tarts

Smarties: Serving - 1 roll, 25 calories, 6 grams of sugar
Sweet Tarts: Serving - 8 pieces, 60 calories, 12 grams of sugar

Pearson's Mint Patties over York Peppermint Patty

Pearson's Mint Patties: Serving - 5 pieces, 150 calories, 27 grams of sugar, gluten free
York Peppermint Pattie Mini: Serving - 3 pieces, 150 calories 27 grams of sugar, gluten free 

3 Musketeers over Milky Way

3 Musketeers Mini: Serving - 7 bars, 170 calories, 27 grams of sugar
Milky Way Mini: Serving - 5 bars, 90 calories, 25 grams of sugar 

Tootsie Pop over Blow Pop

Tootsie Pop: Serving - 1 sucker, 45 calories, 8 grams of sugar
Blow Pop: Serving - 1 sucker, 70 calories, 13 grams of sugar 

Tootsie Roll over Caramel Square

Tootsie Roll: Serving - 6 pieces, 140 calories, 19 grams of sugar
Caramel Square: Serving - 5 pieces, 160 calories, 28 grams of sugar  

  Dots over Starburst

Dots: Serving - 6 Dots, 70 calories, 11 grams of sugar
Starburst: Serving - 8 pieces, 160 calories, 23 grams of sugar 

  Sour Skittles over Original Skittles

Sour Skittles Fun Pack: Serving - 1 pack, 61 calories, 11 grams of sugar
Original Skittles Fun Pack: Serving - 1 pack, 81 calories, 15 grams of sugar  

Skinny Cow Creamy Clusters over Snickers

Skinny Cow Creamy Clusters: Serving - 1 one ounce pouch, 120 calories, 10 grams of sugar
Snickers Fun Size Bar: Serving - 2 bars, 160 calories, 17 grams of sugar  

I'm sure my son wont get any Skinny Cow pouches in his trick-or-treat bag but Snickers is my all time favorite candy bar and it just so happens that it is the worst candy bar for you so to keep myself from eating all the Snicker Fun Size bars my son gets I bought myself some Skinny Cow Creamy Clusters....like I said prepared!

Always keep in mind that...
3 Musketeers is the best candy bar and Snickers is the worst!


No comments:

Post a Comment