Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Tie Blanket

My son loves blankets but all of his blankets are made out of polyester or fleece which is way to hot for summer so I thought it would be fun to make him one that would be a bit cooler. Since I don't have a sewing machine and I figured hand stitching the whole thing would take forever I decided to make a tie blanket. It was very simple and is now my sons favorite blanket so I thought I would share it with you.
I chose a yard of cotton fabric with a bicycle pattern on it since bikes are one of my sons favorite things. I also chose a yard of fabric that was much softer in a color that complimented the bike pattern.


After washing the fabric I placed the cotton fabric face down on my counter, since it was a little larger then the blue fabric, then placed the blue fabric face up on top of the cotton fabric.

I then cut off the extra cotton fabric

Then I cut strips around the whole blanket, I suggest longer thinner strips because they are easier to tie together.

I found that this was the best way to cut the corners
I then tied all the strips together with a double knot, one blue strip with one cotton strip, which attached the cotton fabric to the blue fabric.


Once all the strips are tied together the blanket is finished!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is a great idea. I'm curious to know where you got your bicycle pattern fabric from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I bought the bicycle fabric from JoAnn Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete