Friday, July 13, 2012

Show Your Support

My brother-in-law and nephew ride motocross so we are at their races every week cheering them on. I thought it would be a cute idea to make my son a shirt with their numbers on it to show our support.

I got the stencils and the Fashion Graffiti Big Fat Markers from Michael's, they were all $4.99 except the red marker which was on sale for $1.99. I then bought a 5 pack of Hane's white undershirts from Target for $7.99

I found this motocross design on www.clipart.com, I traced it from my Ipad onto a white piece of computer paper then went over it with a black marker

I then placed it inside of the shirt and moved it around until it was right where I wanted it. I also put a few pieces of paper behind the design inside of the shirt so the marker didn't bleed through ruining the back of the shirt

Then I started to trace the design onto the shirt with the Graffiti Marker

The outline
Filled in

Using the large letter stencils I stenciled his last name onto the back of the shirt

Then using the small number stencils and the red marker I stenciled his uncles number on one sleeve and his cousins on the other

The finished look on the front of the shirt after it was washed


The back of the shirt after it was washed

No comments:

Post a Comment