Friday, August 30, 2013

4 Day Diet

With my dad coming out to visit us, then my mom, then my dad again my diet got pretty screwed up! Having visitors and going on vacation is always hard on the ol' diet since you are on the go most of the time and just grab what you can when you can.....that's what happens to us anyways. So after everyone left and things got back to normal I decided to do my 4 Day Diet to get my metabolism jump started again and to help flush out all the nastiness I had eaten. So for this Weight Loss Wednesday....or Trim Thursday since I am a day late posting this do to my impromptu road trip to Oregon, I am sharing everything I ate on my 4 Day Diet this time, I posted about my 4 Day Diet last year (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4), and I will share how many pounds I lost.

I weighed myself the morning I started the diet and I weighed 162 pounds.

Day One:

Breakfast: A couple scrambled eggs, 1/4 of a grapefruit and a cup of yummy coffee.
Lunch: A Romain lettuce salad with cucumber, celery, green onion, green pepper and Fat Free Poppy Seed Dressing.
Dinner: 1/4 of a Tyson frozen turkey and steamed frozen green peas.
 After my morning cup of coffee all I drank was water the rest off the day!
 Day One Calories: 771


Day Two:
Breakfast: A few beaten eggs poured into 4 slices of Hillshire Farms Chicken Lunch Meat which I placed in a muffin pan. I topped the eggs with a bit of green onion then baked them for about 20 minutes until the eggs were fully cooked. I also had a 1/4 of a grapefruit and a cup of coffee...surprise surprise!
Lunch: A large can of Kroger's shredded chicken mixed with a bit of yellow mustard. I ate the chicken on top of cucumber slices.
Dinner: A turkey burger which I seasoned with Mrs. Dash then baked and topped it with 1/4 of an avocado. I had half a green zucchini which I drizzled with olive oil, seasoned with more Mrs. Dash then baked it.
Again after my coffee I drank a lot of water the rest of the day!
Day Two Calories: 1,085

Day Three:
Breakfast: A small egg omelet with a bit of sliced green onion, 1/4 a grapefruit and as usual a cup of coffee.
Lunch: A Romain lettuce salad with celery, green onion, a hard boiled egg, 3 Perdue all white meat chicken nuggets chopped and some Fat Free Zesty Italian dressing.
Dinner: A chicken breast with a drizzle of BBQ sauce and a side of baked asparagus.
After coffee it was water, water and more water for me!
Day Three Calories: 838


Day Four:
Breakfast: A few scrambles eggs with some chopped green onion in them, 1/4 a grapefruit and as always a cup of coffee.
Lunch: A can of tuna mixed with some yellow mustard which I ate on some sliced up celery stalks.
Dinner: A shredded chicken breast with sauteed green onions and green bell peppers. I sprinkled a bit of lite soy sauce on top.
Once again after coffee it was water, water, water!
Day Four Calories: 820

For my morning and afternoon snack each day I ate either a 90 calorie Strawberry Cereal Bar or a 100 calorie bag of Walnuts and Almonds.


I weighed myself on the morning of the 5th day and I weighed 159 pounds which means I lost a total of 3 pounds. This time I wasn't doing the diet to lose weight, just to help get my healthy lifestyle back on track, so the weight I did lose was just an added bonus. I feel so much better! I feel lighter and I have a lot more energy since I don't have nasty, fatty, greasy, salty food slowing me down.....ahhhh!



No comments:

Post a Comment