Saturday, August 10, 2013

Gift Of Greece

My mom has dreamed of going to Greece for as long as I can remember but unfortunately she hasn't made it there....yet! My mom has done so much for my family and I so I wanted to do something special for her. So last time she was out here I surprised her with a trip to Greece!

My decoration theme was blue and white like the Greek flag. As a center piece I used a bouquet of Violets which is one of the national flowers of Greece. Everything I used I bought from second hand stores except the candles which I bought from my local grocery store. 

I had the Nikos Skalkottas station on Pandora playing on my iPad as dinner and dessert background music. 

I made Poulet A La Gracque which I served over Jasmine rice. I also made a Greek Salad.

We had the Greek wine Retsina which I found at one of our large liquor stores. 
(Warning! This wine is very woodsy and takes a lot of getting used to!)
In true Greek fashion I served a glass of ice water along with the wine.

For dessert I made Baklava which I served with coffee sweetened with condensed milk just like the Greek do.


Σας αγαπώ μαμά, σας ευχαριστώ για όλα όσα έχετε κάνει για μας!
(I love you mom, thank you for everything you have done for us!)






No comments:

Post a Comment