Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

One of my favorite foods is pizza, I just cant say no when someone suggests ordering it...I need more self control! I always feel so guilty after eating it though since one slice of pizza has about 285 calories, that's just crazyness! That's why I was so happy when cauliflower crust pizza came into my life via Pinterest! So for today's Weight Loss Wednesday I wanted to share with you the way I make my Cauliflower Crust White Grilled Chicken Pizza.

The recipe I use to make the crust is from eat. drink. smile
 My Crust Ingredients: A head of cauliflower (this made 2 personal sized pizza crusts), garlic powder, Italian seasoning, shredded Mozzarella, shredded Parmesan cheese and 2 eggs.

My Pizza Topping Ingredients: Cheesy Ragu Light Parmesan Alfredo sauce, 1 large chicken breast grilled, sun dried tomatoes and shredded mozzarella. (My mom also had artichoke on hers) 

The first thing I do is grate the head of cauliflower with my cheese grater, I would recommend a bigger greater cause it takes forever to grate all the cauliflower with my tiny one! I am going to try shredding the cauliflower in my food processor next time!

I then put the grated cauliflower in the microwave for about 8 minutes to soften it up.

 I put 1 cup of the cauliflower in a bowl then add one egg, the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, shredded mozzarella and shredded Parmesan cheese. (I just add as much seasoning and cheese as I want!) I mix everything together really well until it forms a ball of "dough." I do this two different times so I get two pizza crusts.

 I spray the foil I lay on the baking sheet then place the ball of "dough" in the middle of the pan and flatten it out with my fingers. I then brush on a bit of olive oil and sprinkle a bit of garlic powder on top of the "dough" to help it brown and give it a bit more flavor. 

  I bake the "dough" in the oven at 450 for 15 minutes or until it was golden brown. 

After the crust is baked I spread some of the Light Parmesan Alfredo sauce on the top of the crust, place the grilled chicken strips and sun dried tomatoes on top of the sauce then sprinkle the whole pizza with a bit of mozzarella cheese. I pop the baking sheet back into the oven under the broiler until the cheese is nice and melted.

Making this Cauliflower Crust White Pizza is kind of a long process but it is totally worth it! It is so scrumptious and the whole pizza is about 520 calories. So pretty much you can eat a whole personal size pizza for less calories then two slices of regular pizza....um yes please!






No comments:

Post a Comment