Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pleasant Pumpkin Oatmeal

As soon as October hit I became obsessed with everything pumpkin! This morning I made my son and I some pumpkin oatmeal.
Ingredients: 2 cups quick or old fashioned oats, 3 cups fat free milk, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp raisins and brown sugar to taste. The recipe I was using also said to add 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice but since I don't have any I didn't add it.

Preparation: Put oatmeal in a microwave safe bowl and stir in the milk. Microwave it for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin and the cinnamon, if you are using pumpkin pie spice then add it as well. Microwave again for 40-60 seconds, until its heated through. Stir in the raisins and sweeten with the brown sugar.  
A great way to start a brisk fall day!

No comments:

Post a Comment