Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cheeky Grilled Cheese

My son and I decided to take a stroll to the neighborhood park the other night before it got dark and by the time we got home he was worn out and pretty ready for bed. The only problem was we still hadn't had dinner so I needed to whip up something yummy, warm and fast. Being inspired by all the fun we just had in the brisk fall weather here is what I came up with.....

I made open faced grilled cheese sandwiches: 3 slices of bread, 3 slices of American cheese and butter. I served broccoli rice on the side. 

To make the meal fun I cut jack-o'-lantern style faces into the cheese.

Then I placed a piece of bread butter side down in a pan and placed a piece of cheese onto the un-buttered side of the bread.

To make the cheese melt before the bottom of the bread burned I placed a pot lid over the bread.

"Yum yum yummy" is what my son had to say about this meal while he rubbed his tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment