Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cooky Corn Dogs

This recipe is so easy and inexpensive and my son and husband chow them down. We used to buy the big pack of corn dogs from the store but they were so expensive and inevitable my husband would forget about them sitting in the freezer so they would get freezer burn. Plus being pre made I'm sure they are not the healthiest so when I found this recipe I was stoked, especially since I already had the ingredients I needed.

All you need is 4 hot dogs, a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. I added cheese to the muffin mix to give it a little something extra.

I made the muffin mix using the directions on the box, I threw in about a hand full of cheese and mixed it in the batter. Then using my ice cream scoop I dropped the batter in my muffin tin which was lined with colorful paper liners. I filled each liner about half way up with the batter then I placed my chunks of hot dogs in the middle of each muffin and pushed them down into the batter. I had cut each hot dog into 3 pieces. Then I put them in the oven and cooked them using the directions on the Jiffy box.

My awesome "corn dogs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment