Thursday, July 17, 2014

Glenwood Springs (C.I.C)

I've only been to Glenwood Springs a couple of times but I love that little town! So when I got the opportunity to go up there with my husband the other day I thought it would be the perfect time to do a Curious In Colorado on this amazing, historic town.

For being such a little town Glenwood Springs has a lot to do! I have only done a few of them since I've only been a few times but I have seriously enjoyed everything I have done and look forward to doing so much more.

The drive up to Glenwood Springs from Denver is so beautiful, I love it.

The first time I went up to Glenwood Springs was with my dad. We just randomly decided to take a day trip up there and of course we didn't research or plan anything before we left so when we got there we really had no clue what there was to do or where a good place to eat was, which wasn't good since we were starving when we got into town. We were just driving down 6th Street and saw Chomp's Deli and thought we would give it a try. I am so happy that we did because it was so good! I got the Chicken Salad And Provolone Cheese Sandwich and it was beyond delicious, I highly recommend eating at Chomp's when you are in town....yum!

Then next thing we did was go to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Right down the road from Chomp's was were we caught the gondola which took us up the mountain to the Adventure Park which was awesome. At the park we went on a few of the rides, we saw the 3D movies a few times and my son played in the giant sand box for awhile. There was so much to do but it was getting late and we had a long drive home so we didn't get to do everything but next time we go we will definitely be doing more, like exploring the caves. 

The one thing my dad and I really wanted to do while in Glenwood Springs was visit Doc Holliday's grave but at the time we had no clue where it was so we left without getting to do it. So when I went up to Glenwood Springs with my husband it was the first thing on my list of things to do!

I read some reviews online and every person talked about the hike up to the cemetery and boy were they all right! It was a pretty steep hike and being so high up in altitude, my heart was beating out of my chest!

But the views along the way were gorgeous!

Being the Tombstone and Western fan that I am I was so excited when we made it to the top and found Doc Holliday's grave. So worth the hike!

Now the next couple things I have not done yet but I will do them. 
The hubby and I are talking about taking a weekend trip to Glenwood Springs and the next couple things are definitely on our list of things to do.

We both really want to stay at the Hotel Colorado. It is one of the oldest hotels in Colorado opening in 1893. Many presidents have stayed at this hotel and of course there are plenty of ghost stories, who doesn't love that?!

And of course we want to go to the hot springs, that's what Glenwood Springs is all about!


Glenwood Springs is such a nice little old town, a town that I will be making many more trips up to. If you ever find yourself in the mountains of Colorado I would definitely suggest stopping by Glenwood Springs and taking a look around.







No comments:

Post a Comment