Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Easy Homemade Makeup Remover

I used to buy makeup remover wipes from The Dollar Tree but when I went there to restock my stash the other day they were no where to be found...sad. So I bought a package of the brand that they did have and I was totally disappointed with them when I tried them out that night, they burned my eyes so badly that I think the water from my eyes got off more of my makeup then the solution from the wipes did. So I broke down and bought a small container of Almay's Lash Care Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads which worked great but they were pretty pricy and since the pads were so small and thin I had to use 4 of them to get off all my makeup so the container of 80 pads only lasted me about 2 and a half weeks. Since I didn't want to spend $10 a month on makeup remover I decided to try and make my own and I am so happy that I did...

What I Used:
Travel Container 
(The Dollar Tree)
2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
2 teaspoons Tear Free Baby Shampoo
Hot Water
Cotton Rounds

I first scooped the 2 teaspoons of coconut oil into the travel container....

....then I poured in the 2 teaspoons of baby shampoo....

 ....and topped it off with hot water.
I then shook the container until everything was mixed together really well.

And there you have it, homemade makeup remover that is so worth it!

I love this stuff so much that I will seriously never buy makeup remover again! I can get off all of my eye makeup with just one pad and a nickle size drop of the liquid, plus it leaves the skin around my eyes so super soft....I'm so in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment