Thursday, May 15, 2014

Morrison (C.I.C.)

I love exploring small towns and luckily Colorado has a ton for me to explore...like Morrison.

Morrison is a lovely little historic town that sits right off of Interstate 70, it is one of my favorite places to visit.

One of my favorite things to do in Morrison is hike. 
On this day my family and I took a little hike around the Red Rocks Amphitheater which was beautiful. But there are 4 trails in and around Morrison that are great to hike, click here to read more about those trails.

Another fun thing to do while in Morrison is to check out the Red Rocks Amphitheater even if there isn't a concert going on. 
Red Rocks Amphitheater is my favorite places to see a concert here in Colorado but I also like to just hang out here to take in the view. 
If you are into fitness you should give the stairs a try, there is nothing like running up 192 stairs at 6,400 feet.

After our hikes we like to stroll on into town. 
The town of Morrison is so small, so quaint and so full of character. There are a bunch of little shops and a lot of places to eat.

Our favorite restaurant in Morrison is the Morrison Inn.
When my mom and I go there we always munch on their super yummy chips and queso dip but when I go with my hubby we cant help but go all out and order one of their delicious meals, I always get the Macho Burrito with shredded chicken, and finish it up with some fried ice cream.

Of course we cant forget about the Morrison Inn Margaritas!
Every time we go we order a new flavor of margarita and we are never disappointed. This time my husband and I decided to try and concur a 60oz strawberry banana margarita and concur it we did...it may have taken us a few hours but we did it!

The other thing I love about the Morrison Inn is its patio.
Their patio sits on top of the building which is so awesome. They have a bar outside and a small stage for live music. 
All and all the Morrison Inn is just a cool, fun, unique and delicious restaurant that I highly recommend!

Like I said Morrison is one of my favorite little towns to visit and I definitely think that you should visit it too!

Morrison Colorado





No comments:

Post a Comment