Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Breakfast Bonanza

Since I am now pretty much back on track to eating healthy, and because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I thought that I should make up a healthy breakfast menu for the week. Like I said in last Wednesday's post, Ready To Get Re-Motivated...Again, making a meal menu really helps me stay on track because I know exactly what to make and I know I have the ingredients to make it. Since a lot of people reach for the same thing every morning, I thought I would share the 7 different breakfast meals that I came up with because some times the same ol' breakfast can be a bit boring.

Day One: I had a bowl of Kroger's Carb Master Vanilla Yogurt topped with a bit of Cascadian Farm Organic's Ancient Grains Granola. I also had a small bowl of sliced strawberries and some blueberries.
around 124 calories

 
Day Two: I made a breakfast burrito using one of Mission's 95% Fat Free Medium Soft Taco Whole Wheat Tortillas, one large egg, a small slice of Jennie-O's Lean Turkey Ham, a tablespoon of Pace's Mild Salsa, a tiny bit of shredded mozzarella cheese and a 1/4 of an avocado.
about 357 calories

Day Three: I had 2/3 cups Cascadian Farm Organic's Ancient Grains Granola Cereal with 1 cup skim milk. I also had half of a honey glazed baked grapefruit which I saw on Simply Taralynn.
about 390 calories 

Day Four: I had one of Kroger's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins with about a tablespoon of Kroger's Crunchy Peanut Butter on each slice. I then drizzled a bit of honey over the peanut butter on each slice. I had a sliced banana on the side.
about 302 calories

Day Five: I had two eggs scrambled, three slices of Jennie-O's Turkey Bacon and a cup of coffee with a splash of non fat milk and a couple scoops of sugar.
about 327 calories

Day Six: I had a bowl of quick oats. I made them using one cup of skim milk and 1/2 cup quick oats. I sweetened it with a pack of Trivia and a bit of fat free maple syrup. I washed it down with a cup of coffee.
about 354 calories

Day Seven: I made 3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes which I had seen on Pinterest. I topped them with a tablespoon of  Justin's Classic Natural Peanut Butter and a drizzle of fat free maple syrup. I also had a small bowl of sliced strawberries and a few grapes.
about 426 calories

Whats your favorite healthy breakfast recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment