Wednesday, June 19, 2013

If I Can Do It YOU Can Too!!!

I was NEVER into health or fitness, I used to be pretty damn lazy! When I was in high school I could eat anything I wanted and never gained a pound. I never had to work out because I weighed 112 pounds no matter what I did. Then I went on Depo Provera and *wham* my whole life changed and I've been struggling with my weight ever since. 
(Click here to read my whole story, it was my first Weight Loss Wednesday post)

I spent 11 years clueless trying to loose weight with no results of course. It wasn't until May of last year when I weighed the most I have ever weighed, 208 pounds, that I started educating myself on healthy living, healthy eating and fitness.

It is very true what they say "you never know what you're capable of until you try." Like I said I never worked out.....EVER! I had absolutely no stamina so working out was very hard for me and there were many times I wanted to give up. I pushed through though and now all the work out DVDs that I despised are fun and a part of my every day life. I have also recently started jogging and I surprise myself every day by how far I can push myself and how great I feel after every jog.

I have dropped 47 pounds, 5 pant sizes and I feel the fittest I have in my whole life. It feels like it has taken me forever to get where I am today but I am so amazed and proud of myself because of what I have accomplished.....and I am not done! 

Now instead of saying to myself "I wish, I wish, I wish" I say "I can and I will!"

And if I can do it.....YOU can too!

I wore these black pants last year to my husbands company banquet when I weighed 208 pounds, they are size 18's.

Its now been a little over a year of non stop hard work, A LOT of slip ups and having to learn a ton about self control and I weigh 161 pounds and I wear size 8 pants. 


(Now I am going for a jog!)


No comments:

Post a Comment