Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry

One of my go to recipes is stir fry, but I have been using the same recipe for years which has gotten a bit boring. So when I saw an article about using Broccoli Slaw as "noodles" in a stir fry I thought that it would make a great, healthy, interesting addition to my stir fry.

Ingredients:
2 medium Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cubed
2 tablespoons Lite Soy Sauce
1 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic minced
1 tablespoon Ginger
1 package Broccoli Slaw
1/2 bag Mixed Peppers And Onion
2 tablespoons Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil

I placed the cubed chicken in the soy sauce and let it sit while I started cooking.
In a large pan I sauteed the garlic and ginger in the olive oil over medium high heat for about 30 seconds.

I then poured the chicken and the soy sauce into the pan and cooked it until it was cooked through, stirring it frequently.

I then added in the broccoli slaw, mixed peppers and onions, chicken broth and sesame oil and let everything cook until all the veggies were soft.

I served it over a bit of brown rice and it was super tasty, the broccoli slaw definitely added a bit of a new flavor which was exactly what I was looking for.



No comments:

Post a Comment