Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jason's Weight Loss Journey (February Update)

The end of January and beginning of February was a bit hard on my husbands weigh loss journey since I was in Oregon visiting my family, so he had to fend for himself. He did pretty well though and didn't eat anything that unhealthy, but he didn't lose any weight either so he still weighs 224 pounds. He has started eating a lot less and is now finding himself less hungry throughout the day and gets fuller quicker when eating breakfast, lunch and dinner which is great....he is definitely on the right path!

For this update I wanted to share my husbands new favorite healthy dessert. Every night after dinner he is searching the cabinets for something sweet to eat. So to keep him happy and on track I scrolled through Pinterest and found this dessert which is super easy, sweet and not overly unhealthy.

Cup Cake
You will need a box of Angel Food cake mix and a box of your favorite flavor cake mix, my husband chose Germen Chocolate. 
You will also need an air tight container, I used an old pickle jar that I had painted the top of. 
Pour both cake mixes in the container and shake them together super well. 
Store the container until you get a craving for something sweet. 

When that craving does hit just scoop 3 tablespoons of the cake mixture out of the container and pour them into a mug. 
Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir well. 
Place the mug into the microwave for 1 minute and that's that.

A sweet single serving cake for my sweet tooth fella!

No comments:

Post a Comment