Saturday, February 1, 2014

Criminal Minds Meal

This Wednesday, February 5th, is the 200th episode of Criminal Minds so I thought that today would be the perfect time to share my Criminal Minds themed dinner and dessert post. Awhile ago one of our great family friends requested a Criminal Minds themed meal and this is what I came up with for her. I hope you enjoy!

This is the center piece I came up with. 
I got the cuffs and badge in an FBI Action Play Set that I found at The Dollar Tree along with the black table cloth.

Since everyone in the show is always on the go I figured I would serve a "take out" meal. When I think of take out food I think of Chinese....my favorite....so I cooked Sesame Chicken with brown rice. 
I wish I could say that I made it from scratch but I totally cheated and bought a ready-to-cook-complete-meal-in-a-bag that I had found in the frozen section of our local grocery store...oops!

For dessert I made FBI badge sugar cookies and had coffee in a to-go cup.
  I used a tulip shaped cookie cutter to get the cookies into the shape of the badge. I mixed some blue, green and red food coloring in a bit of vanilla frosting to get the black color. Using a small zip lock bag and some more of the vanilla frosting I was able to pipe the FBI onto the cookies.


Congratulations Criminal Minds on your 200th episode!  







No comments:

Post a Comment