Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pleasent Zucchini Pizza

Like I said in my Cauliflower Crust Pizza  post,  pizza is one of my favorite foods. But again...pizza is not that healthy so I always try to find healthier pizza alternatives! I had seen some recipes online for zucchini pizza so when my mother-in-law gave me a zucchini from her garden I knew just what to do with it!


I thought I had some pizza sauce but I was wrong so I made my own!
Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
1 - 6oz can Tomato Paste
1 1/2 cups Water
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves minced Garlic
1/2 tablespoon Oregano
1/2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste

Pizza Ingredients:
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Pepperoni 
(I used the lower fat turkey pepperoni I found at my grocery store)
Zucchini
(My mother-in-laws zucchinis were huge so I just used one)

 I put all the pizza sauce ingredients in a pot over medium low heat and mixed them together. I just let it cook while I prepared the zucchini stirring it occasionally.

 I cut the zucchini into four pieces then scraped out the seeds using a spoon. I placed them on a baking sheet then brushed on a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. I then baked the zucchini at 350 degrees until it was tender, about 20 minutes.

 I then spooned some of my pizza sauce into the ditch of the zucchini.

I sprinkled some of the mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce then topped that with my pepperoni and finished it off with a bit of Parmesan cheese. I placed the baking sheet back into the oven until the cheese melted. 

I was pleasantly surprised at how great my zucchini pizza turned out. It was delicious and again I didn't feel guilty eating it! My son ate a whole piece then asked for more, it is definitely on my "Must Make Again" list!




No comments:

Post a Comment