Sunday, July 7, 2013

Duck Dynasty Dinner

One of my very best friends has been pretty stressed lately so to try and make her feel a bit better I surprised her with a themed dinner for one of her favorite shows...... 
Duck Dynasty!

I went with an outdoor fall theme because when I think of hunting I think of fall and of course Duck Dynasty makes me think of duck hunting. I bought the plates, the glasses and the candle center piece from Goodwill. The pink duck, green table cloth, green napkins and fall leaves are from The Dollar Tree.

Of course I served sweet tea! And for dinner I served a Louisiana style meal...biscuits and Red Beans And Rice, I used Zatarains Dirty Rice but did not add any ground beef like the directions said to.

(You can click here for a couple of Ms. Kay's recipes and here for some of Willie's favorite recipes.)

 For dessert we had donuts which was inspired by the episode "Of Mattresses And Men" where they have a donut eating competition.

We washed down our dessert with more sweet tea, this time out of a Si cup!

We finished off the night by watching the latest episode (a rerun) in our camouflage shirts and drinking our sweet tea out of our Si Cups....it was a blast!

"I'm so dope I'm illegal in 55 states!
- Si Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment