Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Skinny Mexican Pizza

As I have previously said Taco Bell is my weakness....uh I love it...but its not the healthiest so I try to make Taco Bell meals at home when I am craving it (I have already posted my version of a Crunchwrap Surpreme) For this Weight Loss Wednesday I am posting my version of Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza...skinny style of course!
Ingredients: Salsa (I made my own), 2 wheat tortillas, fat free refried beans, fat free low sodium chicken broth, black olives, green onion, shredded cheese (low fat would be the best) and a small tomato.
Seasonings: Garlic, Onion, Oregano, Cumin, Salt and Pepper.

 And of course you will need cooked ground turkey. As you cook it add the seasonings listed above.

 To make the wheat tortillas a bit crispy I placed them into a pan which I had very lightly sprayed with some Pam. Make sure to flip them to crisp the other side.

 Once your tortillas are crispy place one on a baking sheet then pile on some salsa, seasoned ground turkey and some shredded cheese.

 Place the fat free refried beans in a bowl and add a dash of the fat free low sodium chicken broth and mix them together well. Put the bowl into the microwave until the beans are hot.

 After heating up the beans spread a nice layer onto the second crispy wheat tortilla then plop the tortilla bean side down onto the top of the first crispy tortilla that is covered in salsa, turkey and cheese.
 Now on the top of your second tortilla pile on more salsa and cheese. Top that with some sliced tomato, black olives and green onion.

Place the baking sheet into the oven and cook the pizza until all your cheese is melted. Disfrutar!

No comments:

Post a Comment