Monday, January 28, 2013

Crunchwrap Supreme (Taco Bell Style)

Taco Bell is my kryptonite, I love it! But since its not the healthiest...like at all...I only allow myself to have it every once in a long while. But every time I pass one my mouth starts to water, so I started making items from their menu at home to fulfill my cravings. Here is my healthy version of Taco Bell's Crunchwrap Supreme:
 Ingredients: Ground Turkey, Queso (you could use shredded cheese to be even healthier), reduced fat sour cream, a tomato, lettuce, corn tortillas and wheat tortillas.

I spread some of the Queso onto one of the wheat tortillas. Then I topped that with some of the ground turkey which I seasoned with a bit of pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder while I cooked it.

I sprayed a tiny bit of Pam cooking spray into a pan then placed one of the corn tortillas in the pan until it got a bit crispy then flipped it to crisp the other side. I then placed the corn tortilla on top of the ground turkey and spread a bit of the reduced fat sour cream on top of the corn tortilla. I topped the sour cream with some lettuce and some tomato slices. I then folded the edges of the wheat tortilla up over the corn tortilla and placed it into the oven for only about a minute, just until the wheat tortilla was browned a bit and the edges stayed put. (Sorry I didn't take pictures of these steps, I was so into cooking that I totally spaced it....my bad!)

 It was delish and I didn't feel guilty after eating it like I do when I chow down on one from Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment