Friday, March 22, 2013

No Mess Pancakes

Breakfast foods have become my sons favorite type of meal, he is always asking for waffles and pancakes. The other night when I asked him what he wanted for dinner he told me "Mommy pancakes with apple." I said "you can have pancakes with an apple" and he said "no Mommy apple inside of pancakes." I have never made any type of flavored pancakes so this was a new adventure for me. I decided to go all out and add a few extra ingredients and I was amazed at how great they turned out, my son liked them so much that they are all he asks for now "Mommy pancakes with apple?"

Ingredients: Pancake Mix, Syrup, Cinnamon and an apple.
The directions on the pancake mix box said to mix 1/2 cup powder with 1/3 cup water so I used 1/2 cup powder then added 1/4 cup water and 1 ounce of syrup making 1/3 cup of liquid. I then added a couple dashes of cinnamon and mixed the batter together. I cut the apple into slices and cut off the skin. I then chopped up a couple of the apple slices into tiny pieces and mixed them into the batter as well. This made about 4 small pancakes. 

The best part of these pancakes is that they are mess free. Since there is syrup in the batter I didn't need to put syrup on the pancakes. My son ate them with his hands and I didn't have a sticky toddler to clean up afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment