Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Be Thankful Banner

I don't really decorate for Thanksgiving and that's pretty much do to the fact that I have never really found Thanksgiving decorations in the stores, I feel like Thanksgiving gets jipped being the holiday stuck between Halloween and Christmas. But this year we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner so I thought decorations were a necessity. I went to The Dollar Tree and bought some of their fall decorations but again nothing to Thanksgivingish. So when I got home I decided to make a Thanksgiving banner to hang on our dinning room wall. Here is what I came up with:

Supplies: yellow and red and brown construction paper, a leaf stencil, letters that spell out BE THANKFUL (I traced them on my computer monitor from online), string, tape, glue and scissors.

I traced the leaf stencil onto each piece of construction paper then cut them all out, there were 10 leaves. I then cut out each letter and glued them onto the leaves making sure the colors were in a pattern. Then I taped the leaves onto a long piece of string. Its a great touch and its my only true Thanksgiving decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment