Thursday, April 17, 2014

Healthy Homemade Pot Pie

I love chicken pot pies and I used to buy the frozen ones from the store all the time until I found out just how bad they are for you, I haven't bought them since. Instead I started making my own healthier version.

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 1/4 cup Fat Free Milk
1/2 cup Chopped Onion
1 can Fat Free Cream Of Chicken
1/4 cup Light Sour Cream
2 large Cooked Cubed Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Frozen Peas
1/2 cup Frozen Carrots
1/2 cup Frozen Corn
1 Pie Crust

In a sauce pan over medium heat mix the flour, salt, pepper and milk together using a whisk. Stir until well blended and then stir in the onions. Let cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.

Pour the soup and sour cream into the sauce pan and stir until well mixed. 

Now add the chicken and vegetables and stir well. Let cook, stirring frequently, until everything is heated through.

Pour the mixture into a round casserole dish, I only had this small metal pie pan so I poured my mixture into this pan then placed the pan on a baking sheet. I knew that the mixture would boil over the sides of the small pan and I really didn't want to have to clean me oven after fixing dinner.

 Unroll the pie crust and place it on top of the mixture. Fold the edges of the crust then cut a couple slits into the center of the crust to ventilate. 
Place in a pre heated 375 degree for about 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

This recipe is so yummy and really easy to make and the best part....it tastes so yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment