Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

I am very excited about Easter this year since my son and I get to spend it with my family in Oregon. Easter with my family has always been so much fun! We all get together at my grandparents house, color eggs, have an Easter egg hunt competition, stuff ourselves with a big dinner, over do it with sweet desserts then finish off the night playing board games and laughing our butts off...like I said fun! This is going to be my sons first Easter here in Oregon so I wanted to make it extra special.

When my son woke up this morning he was so surprised to see his bright green, toy filled Easter basket which the Easter Bunny had left for him. The Easter Bunny had also left some big bunny foot prints on my parents floor.
Easy! Self made stencil and some flour.

For lunch I made a cute Easter themed meal.
Supplies:
Foil
Red and Yellow Food Coloring
Crescent Rolls
I made a couple cone shapes out of foil then I wrapped the twisted up crescent roll pieces around the cones.
I mixed some red and yellow food coloring with a bit of water to create a dark orange color. I then brushed the food coloring mixture onto the crescent rolls and placed them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
After they were done baking I wiggled the foil out from inside of the crescent rolls making a small cavity in the middle of each roll which I filled with some egg salad.
This was such a fun, cute, creative, Easterish way to serve up lunch and most importantly my son loved it.
For a little sweet snack I made some Easter S'mores using bright colored, egg shaped marshmallows which I found at Walmart.
I made the s'mores in the oven which was set on broil. I left the s'mores open faced so the marshmallows would bake.
And bake they did! They looked just like they had been cooked over a camp fire.
The s'mores were so sticky good, everyone enjoyed them!


So far our Easter has been very special and its about to get even better because its time to head to my grandparents house...let the games begin!
 What are your plans for Easter?


No comments:

Post a Comment