Thursday, April 17, 2014

Nederland (C.I.C)

My mom and I love exploring Colorado's great outdoors when she comes to visit, so one sunny day we packed a picnic and drove up to Boulder Falls!

Unfortunately we were met with this sign when we got there....Fail!

 Disappointed we walked back to the car which was parked in the pull off "parking lot" across from the falls. Before we packed up and left we looked over the wall of the "parking lot" and saw this. So we decided to be a bit adventurist and climb down the side of the road to play in the water and have our picnic.

The water felt amazing and everything was so beautiful! 

Our picnic was fun and scrumptious!

I don't know about you but I kinda love impromptu adventures!

After our food was gone and we had played in the water for awhile we ventured a little more west into the town of Nederland on a quest for some icecream.

Nederland had some of the best signs I have ever seen!

They also have a cool covered bridge for you to walk over instead of walking on the side of the road.

We were so thirsty after hiking around and playing in the water that when we came upon Buffalo Bill's Coffee and Confections we stopped in to get some iced tea before we ventured on up the road to the ice cream shop.
This place was awesome! It was 3 train cars that were filled with old furniture. I do have to say that the service wasn't the best though. I went up to the counter twice to get a tea refill and there was no one anywhere to be found both times which was really frustrating because I was really thirsty!

Next on our walk we found a carousel, The Carousel Of Happiness, and decided to take a ride. It was a great carousel, it was more old fashioned then the ones now a days.

 After both of our unexpected pit stops we finally found the ice cream shop, Blue Owl Books. I'm not going to lie I was a skeptical when I saw the outside of the building but it was seriously the best ice cream I have had in the longest time! We talked to one of the employees and he told us that the guy who makes the ice cream for them lives in Lakewood Colorado and only makes 3 tubs of ice cream every couple of months!

Nederland was a cool little town to see and I would go back but I definitely wouldn't plan a whole day trip there because there really isn't that much to do or see, I think we pretty much did everything they had to offer. We were also disappointed because ALL of the little shops along the road were closed for some odd reason, it was the middle of the day in the middle of the week which doesn't make sense to me but oh well! 


Nederland Colorado
http://nederlandco.org/












No comments:

Post a Comment