Friday, November 22, 2013

Hungry For Hunger Games?

My husband is a huge fan of The Hunger Games movie and he is totally beyond excited that Catching Fire is finally in theaters! We have been planning to have a date night this weekend to see the movie for awhile now but to get him even more pumped and ready I thought it would be fun to surprise him with a The Hunger Games movie night! 
I started the night out by making a Hunger Games themed dinner.

 
I wanted all the food I made for dinner to be natural food that some one could raise and grow. I also wanted to cook all the food on a "fire" so I cooked everything on our grill.

I went with an outdoors woodland theme so everything I used to decorate was green, wooden or wooden looking. And of  course I couldn't forget a loaf of bread!
(Thank god the cold snowy weather held out so we could eat our dinner outside.)

I loved the metal bird candle holders which were a random score from Goodwill, they reminded me of Mockingjays and really tied all the decorations together.

 
For dessert we had fresh fruit which we munched on while we watched the movie!


It was a fun night, my husband always likes when I surprise him with a themed meal, and now we are even more excited and so ready to see Catching Fire!




No comments:

Post a Comment