Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Healthier Pumpkin Pie

My job on Thanksgiving is to bring the pumpkin pie for dessert...easy enough. But this year pretty much everyone in my family is on a diet so I thought I would find a healthier pumpkin pie recipe to make.

Ingredients:
2 cups Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Agave
4 Egg Whites
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
Pie Crust

Mix all the ingredients together really well in a mixing bowl.

Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Place the pie into a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes.

Mmmmm my favorite!

"Normal" eight slice pie: 2,584 calories (323 per slice)
My eight slice pie: 1,752 calories (219 per slice)

104 calorie difference...that's a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment