Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cute Valentine's Cookies

Since I am such a holiday fanatic I am excited that Valentine's Day is just 4 days away. Valentine's Day isn't one of my favorite holidays but I still like to celebrate it. My husband and I don't go all out but we do like to make a little extra effort to show our feeling for each other and show our son how much we love him. So the first Valentine's Day surprise I planned was some cute Valentine Cookies.

 I used a snack size Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Dough in a bag, some Valentine's M&M's (they are red, pink and white), and some red food coloring. 

 I prepared the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough using the directions on the back of the bag then added about 15 drops of red food coloring and mixed it in really well to make the dough a light red color. Then using a small ice cream scoop I scooped out the dough and dropped it on a lightly PAM sprayed cookie sheet. I then pressed the dough down just a little bit with my spatula to flatten each cookie then I put them in the oven to bake (I used the directions on the back of the cookie dough bag.)

 As soon as I pulled the cookie sheet out of the oven I pressed some of the Valentine's M&M's into each cookie then set them on the cooling rack to harden. And there you have it....my cute Valentine's cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment