Friday, January 18, 2013

Snack Attack

It seems like my son is always going through a growth spurt, he is growing out of his clothes faster then I can buy them, and as you know growing and eating go hand in hand so my son is always hungry. He loves to snack more then he likes to eat a full meal and an issue I kept having was his "mommy snack...mommy snack...mommy snack..." moments didn't stop when we were out and about. So any time we were about to leave the house I would throw some snacks in his backpack and soon his backpack had become a pantry...a bag of gold fish, some small boxes of raisins, a zip lock bag of granola, a bag of  gram crackers, et cetera, et cetera. Then the issue I started having was him making a huge mess wherever we were by pulling out one snack bag and eating a bit then pulling out another and eating a bit of that so I finally came up with an idea of how to fix both my issues.

 All I needed was a small tackle box! I bought this one from Target for around $3.00.

I filled each of the tackle box sections with some of his favorite snacks.

And just for fun I wrote his name on the tackle box in different colored puff paint.

We have been using this snack holder for almost a year now and we both love it. It keeps my son happy and satisfied so we don't have any more "mommy snack" moments which makes me (and my ears) very happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment