Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hanging Holiday Cards

For as long as I can remember my mom would hang a string across the archway that led from our living room into our dinning room, this is where she would hang all the holiday cards we would get in the mail. I kept this tradition when I moved out into my own place but of course I had to put a little decorative spin on it. This is how I hang our holiday cards:

I hang a string across the wall and pin a red sparkly bow I bought from The Dollar Tree in the middle of the string. I hang our holiday cards on the string using clothes pins that I dyed using water and food coloring. I put a small amount of water in two separate bowls then add a couple drops of green food coloring in one bowl and a couple drops of red food coloring in the other. I put a couple clothes pins in each bowl and let them sit over night. I like the slight tint of color they have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment