Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tasty Dog Treats

I love to spoil our dogs but dog treats can get expensive, especially when you are trying to spoil 3 big dogs, so I started making them myself. All the ingredients are very affordable and I'm pretty sure the treats I make are healthier for our dogs then the ones I used to buy from the stores. Our son loves to feed them to our dogs and our dogs love to eat them! Here is what I do:

I use 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 cup old-fashioned oats, 1/2 cup apple sauce, 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, a banana and a star cookie cutter.

In a big bowl I mushed up the banana then added the other ingredients one at a time kneading the dough after each addition. After the dough was well kneaded I rolled it out on my counter that I had spread some flour on then used the star cookie cutter to cut the treats out of the dough. This dough will make about 4 dozen treats so you will need to knead the dough and roll it out again a couple times.

I placed the stars I had cut onto a cookie sheet then baked them in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes, until the edges browned.

A little over 4 dozen little yummy star doggie treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment