Saturday, August 4, 2012

Candy Card

My husbands birthday was a couple weeks ago and instead of getting him a traditional card that he would of thrown into a drawer after he read it I decided to make him a fun card, one that he could actually enjoy after reading. So I went onto Google and looked up candy bar cards under images and found a fun poem that used candy for some of the words. Its a sweet treat for your sweet toothed sweetie!

The poem: "To my BabyRuth, Life is a Symphony on your birthday! And to my Big Hunk I just want to say...please don't Snickers at my silly rhyme and we'll celebrate with a Whoppers of a time! I wouldn't trade you for 100 Grand because your a Skor and my best friend. You probably think this card is funny, but I'll always be your Hot Tamales. So lets have Mounds of fun today and have a Whatchamacallit of a birthday! Love you to Reese's Pieces! Love your AirHeads"

I used a thick piece of poster board, a black Sharpie, heavy duty tape and lots of candy: BabyRuth, Symphony, Big Hunk, Snickers, Whoppers, 100 Grand, Skor, Hot Tamales, Mounds, Whatchamacallit, Reese's Pieces and an AirHead

I then wrote the poem on the board. I wrote one line at a time taping the candy where it was supposed to go as I wrote so I knew where to write the next line. Some of the candy was bigger then the others and I didn't want a sentence running into the wrong candy

No comments:

Post a Comment