Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fantasy Football Draft Party

Like I said in my Football Nails post my Fantasy Football Draft was last Saturday and I had a couple of my friends who are in the league over for a little draft party. I made a big crock pot full of chili which I found the recipe for here http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/McCormick-Chili.aspx. I did however double up the meat and used two cans of diced tomatoes with the juice. I also used a can of pinto beans, light kidney beans, dark kidney beans, black beans and a can of chili beans. It made just enough to feed 11 people. I baked biscuits to serve as a side. For dessert I made some football cup cakes:

I used Pillsbury Devil's Food cake mix, silver cup cake liners, vanilla frosting and a zip lock bag.

As the cup cakes were cooking, I fallowed the directions on the back of the box, I filled the zip lock bag with the vanilla frosting then cut the tip off the bag making a small hole.

After the cup cakes cooled I piped the football laces and lines on them using the zip lock bag full of frosting.

Yum Yum

Since all of us drink the same beer we always end up playing the "is this my drink" game every time we get together so as a fun extra I bought us different colored koozies and painted our favorite team logos on them.

I looked each logo up on Google Images then drew them onto the Koozies with a pen. I then went over my drawing with puff paint and added our names. Everyone loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment