Monday, May 20, 2013

Last Day Luau

With the end of the school year quickly coming up, it might have already passed for a few of you, my friend and I thought it would be fun to surprise her kids with a summer themed dinner to celebrate their first day of summer vacation. What we came up with was a last day luau!

 I loved this sign, I think I will keep it on our door all summer!

We surprised the kids with summer buckets, they had pool toys, goggles and some bubbles in them.

We had chicken kabobs with jasmine rice...

...pineapple chunks out of a pineapple "bowl"...

...some Hawaiian rolls and for dessert I made some coconut cupcakes (everyone loved them!)

All the decorates we had were so much fun, we bought everything from The Dollar Tree.

The kiddos drank pineapple juice out of their tiki glasses...

...and my friend and I drank our fun frozen drinks out of palm tree cups. 
Of course we all wore leis, no luau party would be complete without them!

Our last day luau was a lot of fun and got us all really excited for the summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment