Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Turkey "Meatloaf" Muffins

For this Weight Loss Wednesday I wanted to share a super yummy, super healthy recipe that my friend (a Personal Training Expert) shared with me. Since I was going to be the only one in my household eating them, my husband and son don't like trying new things, I cut the recipe in half.

Ingredients: 
1 pound ground turkey
1 1/2 egg whites
1/2 cup quick cooking oates
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon dry yellow mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 small onion chopped
1 celery stalk chopped

Her recipe also calls for 2 teaspoons Chipotle Pepper Spice but I'm not a fan of spicy so I didn't put any in but if I would of I would of put in 1 teaspoon. 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees 
Spray your muffin pan with canola or olive oil
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
Roll the mixture into balls (about the size of a racquetball)
Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked through

I ate my muffins with a side of brown rice and oh.my.gosh they were so very good! 

Serving Size: Women-2   Men-4
Calories: 80
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams


My Left Over Ideas:
I made a scramble the next morning using 3 eggs, one of the left over muffins which I chopped up, a bit of green onion and a small about of mozzarella cheese.

And the day after that I made a meatloaf melt for lunch using another one of the left over muffins which I sliced up and some Swiss cheese. 



No comments:

Post a Comment