Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Sick Baby Solutions

Flu season has hit in my house already! My son just caught a cold so I have been pampering him like crazy and doing what I can to give him some relief and move the cold along as fast as I can and so far everything has been working well. Here is what I have been using:

I love my Vicks Behind Ear Thermometer! Its kind of pricy but its the best way to take a squirmy toddlers temperature. I just place it behind my sons ear and hold down the button for a second and that's all it takes. His temp shows up on the screen which will be lit up with a green light if he doesn't have a temp or a yellow light if he has a slight temp or a red light if you has a high fever....its amazing! I also use Vicks Gentle Vapors Night Light, I put the Gentle Vapors Pad in the night light, plug it in and his whole room fills with the soothing vapors. I put Vicks Baby Rub on his chest and back to help with his congestion. I use Little Colds Honey Elixir to sooth his cough and sore throat during the day along with regular Ibuprofen to help control his aches and fever. But I like to use Nighttime Cold 'n Cough at night. I put a couple drops of Lavender and Eucalyptus oil in his warm bath water at night to help calm him. My son gets super congested when he gets sick so I like to plug in our Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier next to his bed at night to help him breath a little better. I make sure to give him lots of liquids, like Minute Maid's Tropical Punch and of course lots of water. And last but not least I make sure he takes his multivitamin every day.

If my son is really complaining of a sore throat then I make him some ginger tea, which I buy from Target, and add about 1/2 a tablespoon of honey a slice of an orange. I let it steep for about 5 minutes then take out the tea bag and orange slice then pour the tea concoction in his sippy cup...he loves it and it really seems to help him. 

"If you treat a sick child like an adult and a sick adult like a child, everything usually works out pretty well." -Ruth Carlisle

No comments:

Post a Comment