Saturday, August 9, 2014

Light Summer Look

When its winter I wear a full face of makeup and its always more on the darker side, but when its summer I wear a much lighter look. We seem to always be on the go as soon as the weather gets warm and most of the things we do are outdoors which means sun and sweat, so during the summer months my makeup is very simple, very easy, pretty light and almost totally sweat proof.

 These are the products I like to use...
Physicians Formula Super BB Cream in Light (SPF 30)

Sheer Cover Studio Mineral Concealer Duo in Light/Medium

Physicians Formula Mineral Face Powder in Creamy Natural (SPF 16)

Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx (waterproof)

Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown (smear proof wear all day)

Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara in Black (waterproof)

Chap Stick Sun Defense (SPF 25)

Maybelline Baby Lips Crystal in Mirrored Mauve

And this is how I like to wear them...
I put a bit of the BB Cream on my finger then dot it all over my face. I then use my fingers to blend it in. I really like this cream because its light, fluffy and has SPF 30 which I desperately need in the summer time, I fry very quickly!

The next thing I do is apply the Mineral Concealer under my eyes to help cover up my dark circles. This concealer works really well and again its light.

Next is my Mineral Powder which I apply all over my face using a powder brush, this one is from Elf. This powder is amazing and...you guessed it...light.

Now I apply my eyeliner to both my top and bottom waterlines. This eyeliner is one of the best I have ever used. Its waterproof and it seriously doesn't go anywhere, it stays on my eyes when my eyes water from the sun or my awesome allergies...it even made it through my grandpas funeral. 

Time for my brows, I mainly do this because my eyebrows are very blonde. I just color them in a bit so it actually looks like I have some. Once I give them a touch of color I comb through them with the brush that is very conveniently located on the bottom of the pencil. 

I then curl my eyelashes a bit with my Elf eyelash curler then I apply a pretty good coat of my mascara. This is my favorite mascara, its one that I re buy when I run out. I like the waterproof because it is extremely waterproof and wont go anywhere through out the day. The only bad thing is, it is almost impossible to get off of my lashes at the end of the day. 

The last step is my lips. I first apply some of the Sun Defense Chap Stick because it has a 25 SPF to protect my lips. Then I top that with the Baby Lips which I am obsessed with! It makes my lips so smooth and it gives them just a touch of color.


And there you have it, my super simple and light summer makeup look.



Disclaimer: I am not claiming to be good at makeup like at all, in fact I think that I am pretty clueless when it comes to everything makeup related, but I wanted to share my simple summer look with you because it is time efficient, light and sun protecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment