Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Homemade Hummus

I love hummus! I like to put it on my sandwiches instead of mayo or mustard, it makes a yummy addition to my raw vegetable snacks, I have a bunch of recipes that use hummus as an ingredient pinned on Pinterest and to top it all off its pretty darn healthy! So for this Weight Loss Wednesday I thought I would share the hummus recipe I use to make my homemade hummus. This is the recipe I use but I cut the ingredients in half. When I made it for the first time I used all that the recipe called for but since I am the only one in my family that likes hummus it was way to much for just me to eat!

Ingredients: 1 clove minced garlic, 1 - 15oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed, 1/3 cup Tahini (you will most likely be able to find this at your local grocery store next to the peanut butter), 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water.

Throw all the ingredients into the food processor and process it until its smooth.

So easy.....and so very yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment