Monday, April 8, 2013

Cars Party

Like I said in my Dinosaur Party post my son had two birthday parties this year. The second party we threw for him was with my family in my home town and it was Cars themed.

 As usual I dressed my son accordingly in a Cars shirt and red and black shoes. To go with the theme we watched Cars 2.

My mom and I bought almost all the party supplies from The Dollar Tree. That is where we found the checkered flag banner, the race car Happy Birthday banner and the red, black and white balloons. I made the checked sign that we hung on the front door.

We wanted it to feel like you were at the races so we used to-go boxes for plates. I put the white and black plastic wear in a red, yellow and green cup. We found the checkered and red napkins at the grocery store.

We served "race food" which consisted of hot dogs, nachos and pop corn. We had chili, onions, cheese, sweet and regular relish, ketchup and mustard to top the hot dogs. There were banana peppers and jalapenos to top the nachos. For some sweet treats we had red and black licorice, Oreo's and of course the Leaning Tower Of Tires made out of chocolate donuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment