Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Traditional Christmas Eve

I love passing family traditions on to my son, it just warms my heart to see how happy and excited he gets for everything we do on Christmas Eve. 
Such as...

First things first we finish up our advent calendars! When I was little I would make a Christmas ring calender out of construction paper, which I want to do with my son next year, but for this Christmas we made a fun Christmas Tree Advent Calender and on the morning of Christmas Eve we put the star on the top of the tree!

A little later on in the day we make cookies to leave out for Santa. This year we made some seriously yummy Snickerdoodles! Before we go to bed we put out a glass of egg nog and a plate of cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer.

After we set out the plate of goodies its time for all of us to open our Christmas Eve gifts which is always a nice new pair of Christmas pj's, my mom still sends me mine! This year my son also got a Christmas book. We all got dressed into our pj's, cuddled up in bed and read the new book.

After everyone was asleep Santa came and left my son a gift and a little goody which he set out in front of the tree.

He also left some big foot prints on our carpet! Messy Santa!

On Christmas morning, after we open up all our gifts, I make us a Christmas breakfast.

This year I made cinnamon roll pancakes, green and red eggs, bacon and a cup of hot coco with mini marshmallows! Yum!

These are our families Christmas traditions...what are yours?!

No comments:

Post a Comment