Sunday, July 8, 2012

Healthy Muffins

I read an article about flax seed awhile back that inspired me to search the internet for a healthy flax seed muffin recipe and thankfully I found one. I make them all the time now, they are very simple to make and it is now one of my sons favorite things to have for breakfast or a snack, so I thought I would share them with you.

You will need: 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
                      1 1/2 cups ground flax seed
                      3/4 cup brown sugar
                      1 tbsp baking powder
                      3/4 tsp netmeg
                      1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
                      1/4 tsp ground ginger
                      1/4 tsp ground cloves
                      2 cups milk
                      1 egg beaten
I like to add raisins but you don't have to. Another idea is to add raw chopped almonds. 
Mix the beaten egg and milk in one bowl then mix all the dry ingredients in another

After mixing the dry and wet ingredients separately add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well

I like to line my muffin pan with muffin holders then I use a small ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into the pan

About 20-25 minutes later in a 350 degree oven your muffins will be complete, like I said its pretty simple. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment