Sunday, August 4, 2013

Copycat KFC Bowl

I am not the biggest fan of KFC but when I saw the commercial for their Famous Bowl I was intrigued, it looked really good! So I looked up the Famous Bowl online and found out everything that was in it then looked up a copycat recipe for their signature home-style gravy and I got to work!

The Famous Bowl has mashed potatoes, sweet corn, bite size pieces of chicken, their home-style gravy and a shredded three cheese blend. The ingredients I used where what I already had in my cabinets and fridge but it would be super easy to buy all the ingredients in the official Famous Bowl!
Ingredients: Home-style mashed potatoes, corn, cheese and popcorn chicken

I found the copycat recipe for KFC's signature home-style gravy at Panlasang Pinoy
 Ingredients: 3 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 chicken cube
1 beef cube
2 1/4 cup water

In a sauce pan melt the butter over low heat. 
While the butter is melting dilute the cubes in the water. 
Add 2 tablespoons of the flour to the melted butter and stir continuously until the color is medium brown, this should take about 7 to 8 minutes. 
Add the rest of the flour and keep stirring.
Stir in the chicken beef broth and keep stirring to prevent lumps.
Turn up the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil.
Cook the gravy for about 5 minutes or until it thickens up.

Put the potatoes in a bowl and top them with some of the cooked corn. Add some of the baked popcorn chicken and drizzle some of the gravy over everything. Top off the bowl with a bit of cheese. Enjoy!



1 comment: